Friday, August 13, 2010

Review- Thirst No. 1

Thirst No. 1 by Christopher Pike
624 pages



Description:
As to blood --
ah, blood, the whole subject fascinates me. I do like that as well, warm and dripping, when I am thirsty. And I am often thirsty....

Alisa has been in control of her urges for the five thousand years she has been a vampire. She feeds but does not kill, and she lives her life on the fringe to maintain her secret. But when her creator returns to hunt her, she must break her own rules in order to survive.

Her quest leads her to Ray. He is the only person who can help her; he also has every reason to fear her. Alisa must get closer to him to ensure her immortality. But as she begins to fall in love with Ray, suddenly there is more at stake than her own life....

My Thoughts:

There are three different sections in the book, and I really liked that they were all sort of connected to each other. The time gap between the sections was very reasonable and I can see why the author did that.

This book is much more than a book about vampires, there is a lot of action and it can get a little gruesome.

This book was written in a way that is very easy to read. This is a very fast pace book, but it is easy to understand. I really enjoyed reading about the past life of the main character.

I really did like the main character Sita. She is a very old and strong vampire. She has been roaming the Earth for centuries, but she still values what is important to her and what she believes in. Sita isn’t a maiden in distress who is just sitting around waiting for some hero to rescue her. She is probably stronger than anyone who could try to save her. She can be a destruction machine, but she is also capable of loving deeply. Her emotions and actions were things that I could understand. I really loved how powerful she was!

Something I didn’t particularly like about her was that she was a very bold person, but I learned to accept it because I can see why she has become that way after so many years of existing. I wasn’t too fond of Ray either. The male characters in this book seemed a little unrealistic to me. They all fell for Sita too soon and took her in too quickly.

Also, I didn’t like that once you started to like a character, they would be gone before you really got to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment